You’ve got a story to tell—one that’s unique and important. But the memoir category has never been more crowded and competitive. How can you strengthen your submission so that agents and publishers will see potential?
In this workshop, join Lucinda and an intimate group of writers to learn the top techniques for selling your memoir to the market. This unique class offers:
- How to turn your story into a bigger idea that can reach a wide readership
- The essential elements every memoir proposal needs
- What the market looks for in memoir: recent memoirs that sold and why
- The top errors seen in book pitches for memoir
- Best strategies for pitching agents and publishers
- What your platform needs …and how to build one!
- The opportunity to pitch your memoir to Lucinda
- Ample Q&A, where Lucinda will answer questions such as: should you work with a writer or write the proposal and book yourself? Should I turn my memoir into a novel? Should I self-publish?
Writers will also receive our proprietary templates, including:
- Lucinda Literary’s Book Proposal Template: An outline that teaches you the mechanics of building a book proposal for your memoir
- Magnetize Your Social Media: A comparison sheet to help make sure your online presence checks off all the boxes agents and publishers evaluate in your platform
- Sample Memoir Proposals: A packet filled with different examples of successful memoir proposal sections that have won us and won publishers!
Includes live 90 minute session, four exclusive resource downloads, and access to our private Facebook community.
Have questions or want to know which educational program is right for you? Email us or book a short strategy call with an associate of our education division.
Disclaimer: All our programs are intended to help further the work of any fiction or nonfiction author. Participating in our programs does not guarantee an offer of representation or a later publishing deal.